I am so tired, who knew a vacation could wear you out so thoroughly. It is our “extra day” – a day at sea and they have added a bunch of stuff to the schedule to keep us all entertained for an extra day. But, I’m done, I’m so tired, I really don’t want to play too hard. A little food, a little football, a little more food, I’m starting to get a little energy, so we are going out for the night.
Bingo is being played one more time in the Spectacular lounge, we didn’t win big last night, so we are back again. Kayla and Lindsey are here, and we have all decided to play. When K and I went to buy our Bingo cards, her Carnival card had been shut off, so I bought all the bingo cards and let them pick which one they wanted to play. The only stipulation I put on it was if either of them win, we split the pot. The pot was $1199. Imagine our surprise when Lindsey WON! What a nice way to end a great cruise, it wasn’t enough to cover our cruising costs, but it did cover the girls – yay for them!
Finally docked back in Long Beach, we learned a lot about cruising this week, so here is my list of advice.
- Get involved, get active, participate – remember you don’t know these people so you can’t be embarrassed
- If you have a shell, break out of it – it can be so much fun
- There is food available all the time, stick to some kind of schedule so you don’t spend all your time in line or worse, in a food coma
- If you like to drink alcohol, go ahead and buy the alcohol package – we didn’t think we could run up a $600 bar tab in a week’s time, we were wrong – it’s not too hard at $8 to $10 a drink
- Tour the ship regularly – things change, other things start happening that you might miss, check it all out
- Get outside
- Don’t get uptight – by the end of the cruise we had found a number of a**holes, mostly people who weren’t enjoying the company they were keeping – try not to be one of these
- If you can’t be in love with the one you are with on a cruise ship, you might as well pack it in – what a romantic vacation
- Cruises are a true vacation – no travel to worry about, no meals to worry about and for the most part, you don’t have to worry about money either
- Talk to the people around you, you might make some great friends
We are already planning another cruise vacation, thinking we might need to plan a “racers” cruise with spouses and classes, who knew it could be so much fun, I’m glad we finally discovered that.